Saturday, September 11, 2010

Post-It Post

Hey everyone! It has been a while and a half.

I've been out of town visiting family and food in Minnesota. Man, I missed White Castles and state fair food. So good....I miss the grease and cheese and meat. Wish I had some right now.


I was also working on some...I guess "secret" stuff, but it's not really all that secret. I was just working on stuff in order to apply for corporate jobs. We'll see if that works out. I'll let you know if anything turns up.

I'm also in the process of working on a comic for a Phoenix comic Anthology, a looooovvvveee story. It is a super collaboration between me and Angela. I don't want to say too much more until I finish, so expect more information plus promo images in the next week or so.


Since it's all progressive stuff and I haven't really touched any of the other drawings I had compiled into a "need to finish" list, I'll just share some Post-It notes I doodled on recently.









I was pretty inspired by Katie Rice's Post-It doodles, not so much the style but just how loose she got with them, the use of markers and how much fun they looked. This has just been composition and straight-to-pencil practice, but I'll try to remember to get looser with my Post-It drawings in the future.

3 comments:

kiwimomo said...

i love these! Do more!

Roger said...

Sam!

That is so inventive! I agree that you need to do more..

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

Postit art is the best art. DO MORE.